Local Information on Children's Advocacy Centers
This area is designed to provide information on Children's Advocacy Centers in Michigan. You may click on the links above to see a directory of Children's Advocacy Centers in Michigan, to learn more about what Children's Advocacy Centers do or obtain information on Children's Advocacy Center development.
Children’s advocacy centers (CACs) are community based, child-focused and child-friendly facilities where representatives from many disciplines meet to discuss and make decisions about investigation, treatment and prosecution of child abuse cases. The primary goal of all CACs is to ensure that children are not further victimized by the intervention systems designed to protect them.
This area is also designed to provide more information about child abuse and resources to help prevent abuse and keep children safe. You may click on any of the links above to access the resources listed. The Goals of the Michigan Chapter of the National Children's Alliance are listed below.
Goals of the Michigan Chapter of the NCA
- Provide a comprehensive mentoring and support system
- Outreach to developing Task Forces and Native American CACs
- Assist developing and Associate members achieve accredited status
- Conduct trainings for new directors
- Provide support and ongoing technical Assistance to CACs
- Educate CAC staff to become an expert voice on child sexual abuse.
- Sponsor trainings with other organizations involving child abuse issues
- Incorporate National Children’s Alliance Standards
- Ensure that NCA “Best Practices” are utilized by all Michigan CACs
- Help to improve each community’s response to child abuse
- Define Identity and Secure Presence in the State of Michigan
- Improve chapter level communications
- Serve as a significant media and legislative resource for child abuse issues and the expert voice for child victims of abuse
- Develop a website design, brochures and/or videos
- Produce and Distribute an Annual Report
- Secure State office and Chapter Coordinator
- Procure stabilized state funding for members and for the Chapter